Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Starting it off

Hello everyone! This is my first post and I am very happy about finally starting it off. Let me give you a little background on myself and why I am doing this blog. Like many people out there I have struggled with my weight for a long, long time; dating back to middle school. It seemed like everything I did would work for a small amount of time and then all of a sudden the pounds would creep back on.

     After I had my first son I was at my highest weight at that time. I weighed approximately 230 lbs. Slowly during the next several years pound after pound was added on to the 230 and soon became 250 lbs. I used some crazy diet pills which did get my weight down to 220 lbs, but yet again after a few months the weight came back on. When I got pregnant with my second son I weighed in at 254 lbs in 2009. By the time I delivered in 2010 I was 275 lbs! This was the most I have ever weighed in my life. Let me also tell you that it scared the beegeez out of me! I thought ok I am going to beat this and get healthy again. I did get down back to 250 lbs, but I was stuck. So there I go back on the crazy diet pills. In a few months I was down to 226 lbs and I stopped the pills thinking I would be able to lose more by myself. Just like the previous time I gained pound after pound.

     As of last week I weighed myself and I am at 245 lbs! YIKES!!! "Not again", I thought to myself after I stepped on the scale. I believe this was my "Ah-Ha" moment. So yesterday I committed to start losing weight the RIGHT way! No more yo-yo diets, crazy pills, starving myself or any other ridiculous measures we all take to lose weight. I decided to learn how to eat right and to start exercising. Yes it is going to be extremely hard, but I am hoping and praying that I will get the results and keep myself that way. This blog is going to be my jumping off point and my helper in my quest to success.

     So here is were I am currently weighing in at 245 lbs. I will be posting a weekly weigh-in, whether it is good or bad.

     Yesterday I decided to kick it off with a morning walk. I put my son on the school bus, strapped my little guy into his stroller, put the leash on the dog and off I went. I did 2.3 miles and burned about 315 calories. I felt great afterwards! I tried to eat right the rest of the day, but I succumbed to chocolate cravings. So that just means I have to learn from my mistakes and don't beat myself up about it. Keeping positive thoughts on my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment